SUBSTITUTING A WORD ... INSTEAD OF 'PROGRESSIVE' THINK 'COMMUNIST'
May 23, 2012
2012 marks the centennial for the "Progressive Takeover" in American thought and politics. Woodrow Wilson was elected President in a near landslide and with his inauguration in March, 1913, the modern day socialist movement began.
I know! You are thinking: "Here he goes again!"
Actually, I was thinking about the message I am to give this Sunday at my church in Windsor, VA. It's Memorial Day Sunday and in the preparation of the message I couldn't get my head around remembering family and fallen soldiers. All I could think about was 'Remembering America."
After several readings from Hosea 13, I picked up the powerful pen and began to put together a sermon on 'choices." The choices Americans have made in the past, are making today. These choices will either finally bring down America or cause us to pause and reflect once more before God brings down the crushing blow.
Two things are blasting in my brain: First, the fact that we are officially called "Post-Christian America". Indeed there are debates around the country as to whether this nation was ever Christian or founded on Christian principles.
Second, the grinding down of America which, by the way, is part of the title of a documentary by former Idaho legislator Curtis Bowers. Bowers' film: "Agenda: The Grinding Down of America" begins with a quote from Joseph Stalin, “America is like a healthy body and its resistance is threefold: its patriotism, its morality and its spiritual life. If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within.” Then, the documentary shows the steps the Communist Party said were necessary to destroy America’s patriotism, morality and faith. Incredibly, they were able to achieve their agenda so that now the country is on the ropes.
Bowers, through a series of interviews with people in "high" places, presents the most powerful exposé of the communist, socialist, progressive attempt to take over America produced so far.
Yes, I put three words together at which Karl Marx would smile and nod his head in approval.
"Communism" is a word that is all but dead. As a practice today, think global socialism. As a philosophy/ideology think "progressive." Since "Communism" has mostly negative connotations, let's think "positive," as both Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama boldly declared on the campaign trail in 2008, "I am a Progressive."
What is a "Progressive" and why is it destructive for America today?
I already noted that Woodrow Wilson was the first so-called Progressive President (never mind Teddy Roosevelt was in the White House before Wilson. He sold out to the progressive movement after his 1904 election). Since his presidency, the movement grew and later moved closer to the communist worldview, without all the hallmarks of Marxist-Leninism.
By 1963, we were able to put a face to it as it revealed a specific agenda for America. It was not to be a revolution like that of 1917 Russia, nor a violent takeover like that of 1947-48 China.
This "progressive" (read "Communist") revolution came with a plan to implement as series of goals that, when near complete, would signal the fundamental transformation of America into something radically different from what it was.
It was on January 10, 1963 that a list was Appended to the Congressional Record that gave the overall plan for a different type of Communist takeover. You will find the following on pages A44 and A45 of the Record for that day:
Current Communist Goals EXTENSION OF REMARKS OF HON. A. S. HERLONG, JR. OF FLORIDA IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES Thursday, January 10, 1963.
Mr. HERLONG. Mr. Speaker, Mrs. Patricia Nordman of De Land, Fla., is an ardent and articulate opponent of communism, and until recently published the De Land Courier, which she dedicated to the purpose of alerting the public to the dangers of communism in America.
At Mrs. Nordman's request, I include in the RECORD, under unanimous consent, the following "Current Communist Goals," which she identifies as an excerpt from "The Naked Communist," by Cleon Skousen:
[From "The Naked Communist," by Cleon Skousen]
1. U.S. acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war.
2. U.S. willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war.
3. Develop the illusion that total disarmament [by] the United States would be a demonstration of moral strength.
4. Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.
5. Extension of long-term loans to Russia and Soviet satellites.
6. Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination.
7. Grant recognition of Red China. Admission of Red China to the U.N.
8. Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushchev's promise in 1955 to settle the German question by free elections under supervision of the U.N.
9. Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests because the United States has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress.
10. Allow all Soviet satellites individual representation in the U.N.
11. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces. (Some Communist leaders believe the world can be taken over as easily by the U.N. as by Moscow. Sometimes these two centers compete with each other as they are now doing in the Congo.)
12. Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party.
13. Do away with all loyalty oaths.
14. Continue giving Russia access to the U.S. Patent Office.
15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.
16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers' associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
18. Gain control of all student newspapers.
19. Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack.
20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policy-making positions.
21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.
22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to "eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms."
23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. "Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art."
24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them "censorship" and a violation of free speech and free press.
25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV.
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as "normal, natural, healthy."
27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with "social" religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity, which does not need a "religious crutch."
28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of "separation of church and state."
29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the "common man."
31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the "big picture." Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.
32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture--education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.
33. Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus.
34. Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities.
35. Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.
36. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.
37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand [or treat].
39. Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals.
40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.
42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use ["]united force["] to solve economic, political or social problems.
43. Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government.
44. Internationalize the Panama Canal.
45. Repeal the Connally reservation so the United States cannot prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction [over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction] over nations and individuals alike.
In my next article, I will discuss how most of these goals have been accomplished and implemented and reveal just how close we are to being a communist nation. In the meantime, remember when you hear politicians (on the federal level almost all are Democrats) say they are Progressive, they either don't know what the term means or they are really telling you that they are communists.
We believe that the Constitution of the United States speaks for itself. There is no need to rewrite, change or reinterpret it to suit the fancies of special interest groups or protected classes.